What is Occupational Therapy?
Occupational therapy is a profession that helps people experience life to the fullest. It helps you or your family member develop the skills needed for day-to-day activities when your abilities have been impacted by injury, illness, chronic disease, mental health issues, developmental delay, learning problems, or other factors.
The goal of occupational therapy sessions is to work with you to find solutions that will allow you to develop new skills, regain skills that have been impacted by an illness, or maintain your function and independence and prevent injury.
Occupational therapy uses a variety of approaches such as:
- Therapy programs for mental health, behaviour, cognitive or physical problems
- Introduce new ways of doing things
- Modifying your environment (including prescribing equipment, ergonomic assessments, classroom or workplace modifications, etc.)
At Renew Neurotherapy, occupational therapists provide the following services:
- Mental health support
- Technology addiction or dependency
- Learning enhancement
- Brain injury and concussion rehabilitation
- Neurofeedback therapy
- Safety and mobility assessment and rehabilitation
- Corporate wellness and wellness workshops
Please contact us or visit www.otontario.ca to learn more about how occupational therapy can help you.