Yoga Therapy Ottawa
What is Yoga Therapy?
Yoga therapy is an individualized, personalized and holistic approach that takes into account not only a person’s mind, body and spirit, but also their family, support network, work situation, and culture, in order to develop an individualized treatment plan with the goal of improved health and well being. Yoga therapy works through the application of the teachings and practices of yoga, which is a scientific system that views the human being as a multidimensional structure inclusive of body, breath, mind, emotion, intellect, and their mutual interaction. Beyond the physical elements of yoga poses, yoga therapy incorporates appropriate breathing techniques, mindfulness, meditation and self-reflection/study in order to achieve the maximum benefits.
How can a Yoga Therapist help me?
Yoga therapy emphasizes a one-on-one personalized approach to provide holistic support for a wide variety of health conditions.
Yoga therapists can support, educate, and accompany clients with:
- Understanding and managing pain
- Body-based emotional and physical resilience
- Improvement of memory and concentration
- Understanding and working with trauma
- Improved self-awareness and emotional regulation
- Development of interoceptive awareness
- Integration of healthy self-care practices
- Understanding and management of stress and anxiety
- Improved functioning in activities of daily life
- Empowerment towards improved health and well being
- Attaining an integrated experience of mind, body and breath
- Physical stability, mobility, strength, stamina, balance, flexibility, and vitality
There has been a tremendous growth of scientific research on the many practices of yoga in recent years which has validated it as a therapeutic discipline. Yoga’s positive effects have been studied on anxiety, stress, depression, pain syndromes, trauma, and cardiovascular, autoimmune, and immune conditions.
Yoga Therapy at Renew Neurotherapy
Lynn Palfenier is a highly trained registered occupational therapist who offers yoga therapy as a healing modality. Lynn works collaboratively with clients to develop personalized programs that adapt yoga practices to their specific needs. She has over 19 years of experience helping individuals with health concerns including cancer, trauma, grief, diabetes, obesity, anxiety, depression, pain management, traumatic brain injuries, post concussive syndrome, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, post-traumatic stress disorder, and more.
Yoga therapy sessions are available in clinic or in home.
For more details call us now on (613) 809 1770
or (705) 825 2304 in North Bay.
Outside office hours you can call and leave us a message or use the Contact Us form to send us you name and phone number.
We will call you back the next business day.