Complex Pain Treatments
What is Complex Pain?
Unlike acute pain, which resolves once the injury has healed, complex pain persists after the original injury has healed. Complex pain is typically defined as lasting for 3 – 6 months or longer.
In complex pain, the nervous system’s response to pain does not stop once the injury has healed. Instead, the nerves continue to send the pain signal to the brain. It appears that the brain also begins to place greater emphasis on the pain feelings as they persist, making it even more difficult to manage the symptoms.
What Are The Symptoms of Complex Pain?
- Fatigue or lack of energy
- Appetite changes
- Disordered sleep
- Mood changes impacting mental health (anxiety, depression, anger, frustration)
- Physical weakness
How Can Renew Help?
Renew therapists have a wide range of tools and therapies to help you cope with complex pain:
- Lifestyle Change and Brain Health Support
- Attention, Memory and Executive Function Support
- Return to Work / School Programs
- Micro-current Point Stimulation Therapy